Do you have a comprehensive strategic marketing plan in place for your company?
Do you know what metrics you will use to determine if your marketing is a success?
The core of any company’s new business development success is working from a strategic marketing plan. It provides structure to your marketing efforts as well as a way to analyze, measure and optimize your planning in the future.
There are two aspects to the plan…the strategy and the tactics. The strategy is dictated by goals and objectives; marketing tactics are the specific ways those goals and objectives will be achieved.
Are you missing the resources necessary to build and administer a successful strategic plan? Call on the mortgage and fintech strategic planning team at Seroka.
A good strategic plan starts with good strategic questions…
When we create our clients’ strategic plans, we start with a strong foundation based on their unique needs, goals and budget. That foundation is built, in large part, through a comprehensive intake meeting. The meeting yields answers to important questions that help our team understand your needs. It defines where you’ve been, where are you now and what your short- and long-range objectives include.
Strategy to Tactics…a Journey Paving the way to Market Share Growth.
Over the course of the next year, you will be spending significant resources of both time and money executing your marketing efforts. How well you develop your plan up front will have a direct correlation with the success of your company.
Here is an overview of the primary facets we consider when creating your plan:
1. Consider your present situation: You’ll need to take into account a number of variables:
This overview will help you take stock of where you are at and start revealing the direction you’ll need to go.
2. Who is your target customer? What prospects have you identified and how will you identify others that can benefit from your product/service? Don’t forget client retention as you set up your targets. Your clients are constantly being lured by your competitors, so you need to consider how you’ll retain them over the course of the next year as well.
3. What are your specific goals for next year? Document what you expect to achieve so you may test your results during the year against those goals. Be sure you are realistic; reflect on what you have accomplished the last few years. And, consider what changes you plan to make this year to improve upon past results.
4. Consider the array of marketing vehicles and tools. There are unlimited tactical options to choose from when executing your marketing efforts:
How do you prioritize these options and how much weight should you allocate to each? Experience is your best teacher here, or, your ability to have us at your side to offer guidance.
5. Measure your success throughout the year. Using the appropriate metrics and analytics will reveal your success in real-time. Good data will ensure you are on course throughout the plan year. Here at Seroka, every plan we launch is monitored carefully to ensure it is on course for success.
6. Keep your plan current. When you begin your plan, there is no way to anticipate the many opportunities that will arise over the course of the year. Trade shows, speaking opportunities, media calendars, social and digital media opportunities and more will arise. They will tempt you to change course and redirect dollars. Knowing which ones to take advantage of and which to reject will be important to keep your plan current and successful.
7. Ensure internal alignment. Be sure all your internal stakeholders are aware of your marketing efforts. The key to success is the awareness of your sales and inbound telephone staff. It is important that your client-facing people are aware of your most current marketing efforts and messaging. Everyone needs to be on the same team and aware of all the marketing plays throughout the year.
There are two core components of your company’s continued growth and success: creating a focused and strong strategic marketing plan – and successfully executing that plan over the year.
Need some help in either of these areas? Give us a call. We have been creating successful marketing plans since 1987; read what some of our clients have to say about our efforts!
Have any questions, or would you like to learn more? Contact us today!