Technology is advancing at breakneck speed…and leaving many in the mortgage industry in serious catch-up mode. Certainly, this doesn’t apply to everyone, but I speak to many companies in the mortgage industry on a daily basis that are grappling with how to capitalize on some of the current trends while at the same time struggling to keep on top of what’s up and coming.
Chief Marketing Officers (CMO’s) are feeling the pressure. They’re trying to determine how to…
- integrate the latest in digital marketing to build awareness and drive sales,
- develop relationships with the audiences they serve where they “live” online, and
- brand their companies in manner commensurate with what’s expected by their target audiences in 2013 and beyond to be deemed “relevant.
To help mortgage industry marketers, both business-to-business and business-to-consumer, get their arms around what needs their attention, I took a look at what we’re paying attention to on behalf of our own clients to keep them ahead of the curve and also conducted some trend research that I think you’ll find interesting.
Digital categories that need your attention:
- Email: The email channel is alive and well, continuing to evolve and thrive despite predictions to the contrary. The Pew Internet and American Life Project (November of 2012) says 85% of all U.S. adults now own a mobile phone and 88% of them check email on their phone every day.
- Mobile: According to a report by Walker Sands, website traffic coming from mobile devices has increased 84% from Q4 2011 to Q4 2012.
- Social: In 2012 B to B marketers have taken a more active role in social media, in particuar realizing LinkedIn’s enormous value.
- Cross-channel marketing: The ability to cross-integrate marketing strategies across all online venues will become actualized.
- Marketing automation: According to a recent post by Joe Pulizzi (Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs), 87% of marketers used social networks to distribute content in 2012, as compared to 74% in 2011. Measuring how well your content is performing and managing the flow has become more necessary.The mortgage industry should take these categories into consideration as they evaluate how to best market their brands in the coming years. Several are (you’ll see a couple examples in my ebook), and they’re doing a nice job!To learn more, about trends that you, as a mortgage industry marketing professional, need to be aware of and take advantage of…be sure to download my ebook!